Brighten up your dinner with these mediterranean-stuffed peppers! This dish is so easy and quick to put together – you’ll have dinner on the table in no time!
Happy Saturday! It’s another grey and dreary day today in Toronto. This recipe was inspired by the gloomy weather that has been going on lately. I needed to eat something with a pop of colour!
I’m not a vegetarian, but what I love about this recipe is that is has no meat but it still super filling. Not to mention these peppers are super nutritious! For those of you that are interested, these peppers are also gluten-free.
This recipe is so much easier than it looks – that’s one of my favorite things about it! The first thing you need to do is cut the peppers in half and deseed them. Place them in the oven to bake, and use this time cook your quinoa and make your filling!
To make the filling, mix together the cooked quinoa, your veggies, feta cheese and spices. Then top it with a bit of olive oil, and voila! Yup, it really is that easy. Take your peppers out of the oven 5 minutes before they are done, add the filling, and top with some more feta cheese (because why not!?).
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Tag me on instagram if you make it, I’d love to see your creation!
- 4 bell peppers (any colour!)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp oregano
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut peppers in half and deseed. Place in oven for 45 minutes on top rack.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add green onions, olives, tomatoes, feta cheese, olive oil and oregano. Mix well.
- After peppers have been cooking for 40 minutes, remove them from the oven and fill with stuffing. Option (but highly suggested) to top with more cheese.
- Place in oven for another 5 minutes.
Don't miss a recipe or post!
Subscribe to my email list and get your weekly dose of healthy and delicious recipes
Thank you for subscribing!
Something went wrong.