Peanut butter, chocolate chips + fluffy pancakes = the best. This truly is a breakfast made in heaven. And the best part? They’re super healthy and only have six ingredients!
I don’t know about you, but peanut butter and chocolate is pretty much my favourite combo ever. Who else is with me? I remember as a kid I was SO excited whenever I got Reese’s peanut butter cups when trick-or-treating. So obviously I needed to take this lovely duo and add it into another one of my favourite foods – pancakes.
On a side-note… As I sit here typing this, there’s a huge snow storm happening outside. I totally thought that this year we were going to have an early spring… What happened to that? Anyways, I digress… Back to the pancakes.
The peanut butter gives the pancakes a buttery texture without actually adding any butter or oil. I also found that adding the peanut butter in the batter kept me fuller for much longer.
With only 6 ingredients, it’s also super easy to whip together on that lazy Sunday morning.
If you make these peanut butter chocolate chip pancakes, be sure to tag me on instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
- ¼ cup quick oats, blended into oat flour
- ¼ cup egg whites
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 heaping tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Mash banana with a fork, and combine with blended oats, peanut butter and chocolate protein powder in a large bowl.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add chocolate chips, fold into batter.
- Spoon batter into skillet and cook on 2 minutes on each side or until you see bubbles rising.
- Top with 1 tbsp maple syrup and enjoy!
Don't miss a recipe or post!
Subscribe to my email list and get your weekly dose of healthy and delicious recipes
Thank you for subscribing!
Something went wrong.