You’ll never guess that these decadent truffles have avocados in them. With only 3 ingredients, you’ll have smooth and creamy truffles ready in no time… So you can spend less time making them and more time eating them.
I’ve got the PERFECT Valentine’s day recipe for you – these super yummy chocolate avocado truffles. The creaminess comes from a secret healthy ingredient – avocados! They truly are nature’s butter. They provide a super creamy texture and are packed with good fats. Win-win! I promise that you won’t be able to taste them in the recipe – if my husband can’t, who is pretty picky when it comes to this stuff, you won’t either!
Truffles are a special desert for me. On our honeymoon my husband and I went to NYC, and every night we would walk to Godiva and buy a few truffles, and have them with champagne in our hotel room. When brainstorming what to do for Valentine’s day this year, I thought why not try to make a healthier version of truffles!
The best part is they don’t take long to whip up. You have to wait a little bit for them to chill in the fridge, but other than that they come together very quickly!
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag me if you make them!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Toppings: unsweetened shaved coconut and cocao powder
- Mash avocado with fork until smooth consistency
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave and add to avocado mixture
- Add vanilla extract and mix thoroughly until combined
- Place mixture into fridge for 1 hour to harden
- Place coconut shavings and cocoa powder onto 2 separate plates
- Scoop chocolate mixture into 12 even balls
- Roll balls into cocoa or coconut shavings
- Place back in fridge in an airtight container
Don't miss a recipe or post!
Subscribe to my email list and get your weekly dose of healthy and delicious recipes
Thank you for subscribing!
Something went wrong.